Monday, June 6, 2011

Not for the faint hearted...


After having an average day (which then turned wild-literally!) I sat down on the couch to watch an episode of Skins. Not long through it I heard this horrific noise. It was deafening and so high pitched. I didn't take any notice of it until it carried on for about a minute. 

As I got up to look out the window, I see this scenario. It was like what you'd imagine a lion hunting a zebra, but on a hugely smaller scale (obviously!). I ran to get my camera, had to quickly sift through my suit case to find the zoom lens, did a lens change super quickly and started snapping. 

The whole time I felt guilty

But here was nature on it's course, in broad daylight which wasn't ideal. Then as I got thinking, this is how these animals survive. 

They hunt

And by the way this animal in particular carried it's prey off in it's mouth, one can only assume that it had a family to feed. 

So I am now warning you, this is nature on it's course, but is kinda yuck at the same time.



Note: In order to become a great photographer, I feel one has to take opportunities like these, even though the subject may not be too pleasant. Lets hope it's a one off yeah?

Are you ready??












Editing will be done with these photos at some stage. If you don't understand, there was a flock of crows. The fox pounced on one and the other 20 or so crows started squawking and squawking, which by the way is fair enough-it was their defense mechinism. The fox went to let go of the crow but then decided against it and just kept chewing and throwing it around until it was dead. 

The End.

3 comments:

  1. you were in the right place at the right time! (even though it is a bit gross!) there is obviously grass outside the block you are in - how far away was the fox?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Mr Fox - feeding his babies. Has the same look on his face that Raisin does when he brings home "presents"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum-It was just out the lounge window but across the other side of the grassy bit. It's maybe twice the size of our backyard if not a wee bit smaller? There's grass outside my room too. But I don't know if I'd want to go and sit on it in the sun, might be a bit yuck from all the crows blood and fox poo!

    Rosie-You can be happy that there is one less bird in this world for you to be scared of! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete